This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for the blueplate.co.za site.
We have agreed to notify you of the following when collecting your personal information:
- The information being collected and the source from which it is collected when collected from another person;
- Our name and address;
- The purpose for which the information is being collected;
- Whether or not the supply of information by yourself is mandatory or voluntary;
- The consequences of a failure to provide the requisite information;
- Any particular law authorising or requiring the collection of the information;
- Whether we intend to transfer the information to a third country or international organisation and the level of protection afforded to the information by the said third country or international organisation;
- Any further information such as:
- the recipient of the information or with whom the information may be shared;
- the nature and category of the information;
- your right of access to and the right to rectify that information;
- your right to object to the processing of your personal information; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator and the contact details of the Information Regulator.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should please contact Customer Support by email on email@example.com
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The information we collect from you is collected for a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose related to the function and activity of Riaan Wessels (Pty) Ltd. You acknowledge and agree that we may collect this information from you in connection with or as a consequence of your use of our site, including, without limitation, the supply of the online trading services to you.
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way other than as disclosed in this privacy statement.
We collect information from our users at several different points on our site. We collect information about your buying activities if you choose to participate on our site as a result of you engaging in these activities. We also collect information from any form of correspondence, such as emails and telephone conversations, from you or from a third party about you.
We hereby agree and/or undertake to process any and all personal information provided to us by yourself upon or during your use of this Site, such as that stipulated above, in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small data file that writes to your device in order to collect and remember certain information including personally identifiable information about the user. Cookies are used, but without limitation, to store your Alias/Username and Password so that you do not need to type these in each time you it is required.
We collect statistical information about you from page hits. Every page, image or cgi program requested by your browser from our servers is logged in a log file, which also collects the following information: your remote IP address, the referring HTML page and the type of browser and computer that you are using. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our site, track your movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The statistical information we gather is used internally for marketing analysis. This information and IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
REMOVAL AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your email address), or if you no longer desire to use our services, you may correct, update or remove your personal data provided to us. This can be done by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish us to remove your personal data provided to us, we will delete the information accordingly. However, records of your personal information will be retained for a period of 5 years as required for lawful purposes related to our functions and activities and for statistical purposes in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act. This information will merely be retained and not used, shared or sold.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, any questions regarding access to and the protection of your personal information, the practices of this site, or your dealings with us, you can contact us on email@example.com .
If you need more info, visit the POPIA website: https://popia.co.za/